If you are looking for a new job in software testing, you need to make sure that you do your homework and spend extra time getting prepared for the interview. Most companies have a standard set of questions that they are going to ask. Here are some sample software testing interview questions that you should be prepared for:
- What do you know about our company?
- Do you have any software testing certifications?
- How many years of software testing experience do you have?
- Do you know how to perform SQL queries?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Do you have any experience with automated testing tools?
- Are you a team player?
- Are you willing to work nights and weekends?
- Can you provide me with an example of a test case?
- Have you ever created a software test plan?
- Have you used Quality Center?
- How many people were on your current team?
- Do you have experience working with offshore testers?
- How many projects did you test at a time?
- What would feedback would your boss give me about your work ethic?
This is a relatively small sample of software testing interview questions. I always do my homework ahead of time and go through a list of sample software testing interview questions so that I am prepared. It takes a little bit of time, but the rewards can lead to landing your next great job. It is a good idea to keep up with what is going on the in the software testing industry and you can easily do that by checking the internet for software testing interview questions.